Monday, October 13, 2008

Shopaholic By Sophie Kinsella

When I went on my trip to Memphis I wanted something fun to read that would keep my attention on a five hour flight.  I had heard some good things about the Shopaholic series and I had seen some previews for the movie coming out and I was intrigued.

Shopping is one of my all time favorite past times so I was excited to read about the story of Rebecca Bloomwood, self proclaimed Shopaholic.

The book starts out as many "chick lit" books start out. You get to know the character, flaws and all. The book doesn't skip a beat in explaining how deep of a hole Rebecca Bloomwood's shopping obsession has gotten her in.  She can't avoid a sale, fabrics, price tags and credit card balances fill her thoughts when she should be have her mind on her work. Oh and get this she works at a finance magazine!

Rebecca is a loveable character but she becomes increasingly frustrating when she can't stay out of her own way when it comes to controlling her finances.  If Rebecca should go left, she goes right; time after time. While these frustrating fiascos can get a little old, the ending of the book will make all right in the world.

If you are looking for a well written, easy read, this is the book for you!

Rating: Peach

2 comments:

sarah marie p said...

I read this book a couple years ago. It is pretty cute for chic lit! Makes me want to go shopping!

Sarah Pekkanen said...

This was a good book -- I've actually enjoyed all of Sophie's books!

If you have a moment and wouldn't mind checking out my website, I'd love to get your feedback. It's www.sarahpekkanen.com I'm a brand-new author who just signed a publishing contract with the same house as Jodi Picoult and Jennifer Weiner, so I'm hoping to get early thoughts from readers.

If you like my site and want to sign up for my private monthly email list, I can send you the first chapter when it's through the editing process.

Best,

Sarah
www.sarahpekkanen.com